Posting Date: November 1, 2017
Closing Date: November 23, 2017
Position: Part-time, entry level (Ideal for Co-op Students)
Location: 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville
The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and health. We are seeking individuals who are committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, are dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community. In 2015, through our dedication to helping all ages, backgrounds and abilities, we had a positive impact on the lives of 29,915 people! We couldn’t do this without the support of:
Over 550 staff who deliver on the YMCA mission and vision everyday, 424 volunteers who dedicated 9700 hours of their time, Community partners and funders who share our determination to strengthen the community and our countless donors who give generously so that our programs and services are accessible for all.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolice.ca.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Help Desk Support person will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of computer workstations and associated software. They will also be a main point of contact for YMCA employees who are experiencing computer, software or other technical issues.
$14/hour starting in January
- Assist with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware.
- Provide technical support and ‘help-desk’ assistance to employees on issues relating to desktop and laptop applications, connections, and function
- Troubleshoot hardware issues in person, remotely, and via phone.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of hardware and software within the organization.
- Responsible for providing on-site support at various YMCA of Oakville Child Care locations, occasionally required to visit other sites. (Within 10 km)
- Log and keep records of support calls and issues.
- Support a variety of common peripherals (i.e. scanners, printers, cable, cell phones, network connections and routers)
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Enrolled in a Computer program preferably Networking and Hardware
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- A valid driver license and a vehicle for visiting other sites.
- YMCA experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org / 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7 / or fax 905-842-6792
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to
excellence and inclusion in our Association