Nature and Scope:
The purpose of the YMCA Fitness Leader is to lead land or water based fitness activities that will help people reach their health and fitness goals in spirit, mind and body.
Expectations are that the Wellness Coach will:
- Work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Develop a lasting relationship with members
- Follow Adult HFR Policy and Procedures manual and ensure compliance (e.g.: uniforms, service standards)
Various days and times available.
Direct Program Leadership:
- Plan and execute a sound, safe & effective fitness class.
- Understands the scope of the fitness class and participation capabilities
- Be prepared to modify class to suit needs of participants
- Makes connections with members to ensure that individual goals are identified, addressed and achieved.
- Responds to inquiries regarding fitness programs promptly and acts as an Ambassador of the Wellness Department by providing excellent membership service and support
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- YMCA Leadership in Group, and Aquatic Fitness or other recognized certifying agency
- Customer Service Skills
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Excellent communication skills
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Current criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening required
- Adherence to the YMCA of Oakville Child Protection Policy
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Address: 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.