The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and health. We are seeking an individual who is committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolice.ca.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the director of child care, the on-site supervisor provides operational leadership and support to a child care program serving children 18 months to 12 years of age, and their families. The on-site supervisor is responsible for the operational leadership and supervision of the program, and they are responsible for ensuring all YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care and Early Years Act requirements are met. They are also responsible for maintaining good working relationships with families, principals and school administration. On- site supervisors will develop and deliver quality programs that support the healthy development of children by guiding the programs to align with the Association goals and objectives.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Monday to Friday, 42.5 hrs per week (shifts vary, must be available to work between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Starting Salary – $19.25/per hour
- (base wage range is dependent on certification) Plus wage enhancements, please refer below
Hourly wage enhancements
These positions are also eligible for an additional $0.97 per hour (General Operating Grant) and an extra $2.00 (Wage Enhancement Grant)
These hourly rate enhancements are subject to certain criteria are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
- Attractive, competitive benefit package
- Free YMCA Membership
- Leadership development opportunities
- Provides operational leadership and supervision to the program, ensuring compliance with YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care Early Years Act requirements
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Ensures positive, professional partnerships with school principals, kindergarten teachers and school administrators
- Ensures the effective implementation of YMCA Playing to Learn, and the delivery of high quality before and after school programs aligned with the principles of YMCA Healthy Child Development Ensures a seamless day for JK/SK children and develop an ongoing communication plan with kindergarten teachers
- Develops and delivers nutritional menu’s that follow the guidelines from Canada’s Food Guide Coordinates registration, manages enrolment and manages monthly expenses
- Completes various administrative duties
- Provides ongoing coaching and supervision of centre team, including the completion of performance reviews
- Adherence to YMCA Child Protection Policy
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education or Ontario Certified Teaching Degree RECE’s and OCT’s are in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators or Ontario College of Teachers
- 2 years working with children and families within a licensed child care environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act Clear police security check with vulnerable sector screening
- Adherence to the Association Child Protection Policy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and relationship -building skills
- Demonstrated ability in leading, coaching and cultivating a work environment of collaboration and teamwork
- Displays passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and core values
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.