Nature and Scope
Reporting to the general manager of child care, the child care director provides operational leadership to multiple child care sites serving children 18 months to 12 years of age, and their families. The child care director is responsible for maintaining good working relationships and effectively managing the reputation of the YMCA with families in our care, school administration, Ministry of Education and Halton Region. The child care director is responsible for coaching, developing and supporting their team to deliver quality programs that are aligned with the Association strategic plan and annual objectives.
- Monday to Friday, 42.5 hrs per week; rotational shifts (must be available to work between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Attractive, competitive benefit package
- Salary starting – $26.68 per hour *Plus wage enhancement, please refer below
Hourly Wage Enhancements
These positions are also eligible for an additional $0.97 per hour (General Operating Grant)
These hourly rate enhancements are subject to certain criteria are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
- Role model effective leadership and managerial behaviour that aligns with our YMCA core values consistently
- Provide support and create development plans for child care team within cluster to motivate good performance, deliver quality programs and build departmental capacity
- Ensure all human resource policies and procedures are applied consistently and measures are put in place to ensure transparency and fair processes
- Recruit, hire, orient and coordinate training for child care team within cluster group
- Monitor fiscal performance on a monthly basis, accurately analyzes monthly variances and ensures plans are put in place to meet annual budget plan
- Ensures all centres meet the licensing requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act, and that all areas of non-compliance are followed up in a timely and professional manner
- Ensures the effective implementation of YMCA Place to Connect, and the delivery of high quality before and after-school programs within assigned cluster group
- Develops and maintains positive, professional relationships with the Ministry of Education, Halton Region and the Halton District School Board (separate and public)
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education or certified teaching degree
- RECEs are in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum 2 years management/supervisory experience is an asset
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Clear police security check with vulnerable sector screening
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven budgetary management experience
- Demonstrated ability in leading, coaching and cultivating a work environment of collaboration and teamwork
- Displays passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and core values
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the email provided: firstname.lastname@example.org
To the attention of: Child Care – 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario L6K 1K7
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.