Posting date: Friday, January 13, 2017
Closing date: Friday January 20, 2017
Location: Mobile, Peter Gilgan Family YMCA
Position: Part-Time Position, includes some evenings and weekends (20 hrs/week)
The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and health. We are seeking individuals who are committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, are dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community. In 2015, through our dedication to helping all ages, backgrounds and abilities, we had a positive impact on the lives of 29,915 people! We couldn’t do this without the support of:
Over 550 staff who deliver on the YMCA mission and vision everyday, 424 volunteers who dedicated 9700 hours of their time, Community partners and funders who share our determination to strengthen the community and our countless donors who give generously so that our programs and services are accessible for all.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolice.ca.
Nature and Scope
The Community Program Quality Analyst will report directly to the Manager, Community Initiatives and is responsible for measuring outcomes related to programs funded by the Ontario Trillium foundation Grants, related to Priority Neighbourhood and Youth Engagement programs and services. Working closely with key partners, front line staff and participants to develop and implement surveys, the collection of data, tracking outcomes, and ensuring that programs meet their established outcomes. Outcomes are based on the YMCA’s Mission, Vision and Values, as well as the needs of the individuals in the programs. Responsibilities will also include the development of recommendations, and working with the Manager, Community Initiatives to strengthen program curriculums and YMCA initiatives to better strengthen services offered to the community.
Work Schedule and Benefits
- Part Time – 20 hours weekly
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel within the Oakville Community
- Leadership development opportunities
- Free YMCA Membership
- Suitable for internships and recent graduates
- Acts as a positive role model for children, youth co-workers and families
- Develops surveys and an implementation plan
- Collection of data, measurement of survey results, and the development of a summary and any recommendations
- Monitors survey outcomes
- Meets with Front-line staff and volunteers on a regular basis to ensure program deliverables are being met
- Ensures programs and services meet all YMCA Standards and goals, and is in line with the Strategic Plan
- Collects and provides feedback for program quality
- Demonstrates sensitivity and professionalism when dealing with confidential information and situations
- Ensures the health and safety of all participants, while assessing and responding to potential areas of risk
- Adherence to the YMCA of Oakville Child Protection Policy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in a related field
- Experience in research and data collection
- Experience with program design and delivery
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Emergency First Aid with CPR ‘C’
- Valid Criminal Reference Check with vulnerable sector screening
- Valid unrestricted Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
Please email or send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Teresa Rinaldi, Manager, Community Initiatives
firstname.lastname@example.org / 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7 / or fax 905-842-6792
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application