Location: Various Locations
Nature and Scope
The Community Program Instructor will report through the Supervisor, Community Initiatives and is responsible for assisting with program delivery of community based programs for children and youth 6-17 years of age. The program instructor is instrumental in ensuring positive experiences for participants and delivering high quality mission based programs. We are currently looking for staff responsible for assisting with the YMCA’s After School Enhancement program. This community based program is for children and youth 8-13 years of age and includes activities such as photography, robotics, gaming club, intramural leagues and more.
- Part Time starting March, 2018
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Approximately 7-10 hours/week
- Shifts approximately 3:00 – 5:00 PM daily
- YMCA of Oakville Membership
- Healthy Child Development and Child Protection Training
- Coordinates and delivers youth community programs at various locations in the Oakville community
- Collaborate with other YMCA staff members, external partners and volunteers to support effective team work
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain and deal with sensitive and confidential situations with professionalism
- Act as a positive role model and mentor to participants
- Considers the health and safety of all participants, assesses and responds to potential areas of risk
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining attendance and statistical information
- Develops and sustains positive relationships with staff, volunteers, community partners
- Compile participant feedback during program operation
- Facilitates meaningful connections while ensuring a welcome and open environment for all
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving
- Experience working with children/youth in a recreation/classroom setting
- Experience working with families
- Clear police security check which includes vulnerable sector screening
- Effective team work and collaboration skills
- Models behaviours aligned with the association mission, vision and values
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Address: 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.