Do you enjoy working with children?
Join the YMCA of Oakville and step up your career in Child Care. We are committed to creating a positive impact in our community and in the lives of the children in our care.
Multiple Positions: Before & After School Child Care, ECE & Non-ECE
Location: Various elementary schools across Oakville
Schedule of Work: Split shifts Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 9:00 am & 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm (plus opportunities for additional hours when available)
Salary & Benefits: $17.99 – $20.47 per hour
YMCA Staff Membership included(Health, Fitness & Aquatics)
Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- Or Bachelor of Education (OCT)
- Or Child and Youth Worker (CYW), Early Childhood Assistant (ECA), Social Service Worker (SSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW) and Recreation & Leisure
- Or Experience working with children
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Police Security Check and Immunization Record
- Develop and deliver quality programs for children age 4 to 12
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Comply with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA Policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Childcarecareers@oakville.ymca.ca with a subject line “Before and After School Program”.
We thank all applicants and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).