Do you enjoy working with children?
Join the YMCA of Oakville and step up your career in Child Care. We are committed to creating a positive impact in our community and in the lives of the children in our care. We have multiple positions available in our before and after school programs!
Various elementary schools across Oakville
Split shifts Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 9:00 am & 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm (plus opportunities for additional hours when available)
Salary & Benefits
- $18.44 – $20.47 per hour
- Staff Membership to YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facility
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Develop and deliver quality programs for children age 4 to 12
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Comply with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA Policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- Or Bachelor of Education (OCT)
- Or Child and Youth Worker (CYW), Early Childhood Assistant (ECA), Social Service Worker (SSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW) and Recreation & Leisure
- Or Experience working with children
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Immunization Record
This position requires the following Association Core Competencies:
- Quality Focus
- Relationship Building and Collaboration
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Integrity and Trust
- Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Child Care Educator – Before and After School”.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or email.
We appreciate your interest in a career at the YMCA of Oakville! Please note, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.