Posting Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Closing Date: Monday, August 22, 2016
Position: Full Time (30-35 hrs)
Location: 410 Rebecca Street
As a charitable community service organization, the YMCA of Oakville responds to social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. By nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, the YMCA connects people to life-building opportunities, to each other and enhances their quality of life. We foster social responsibility and healthy living. The YMCA works collectively with community partners that share the YMCA’s determination in strengthening the foundations of community for all people.
This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values of: Responsibility, Honesty, Caring, Respect, Inclusiveness, and Health as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults. All offers of employment will be subject to the provision that the successful incumbent provides the YMCA of Oakville with a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening Report at the time of hire.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the VP of Finance and Risk Management, the Child Care administrator is responsible for the accurate processing of all child care registrations and financial administration.
- Process all registrations and updates for child care participants
- Process monthly billing for all centres
- Keep up to date and accurate records of CSF30 forms from the Halton Region
- Ensure accuracy of the child care data base
- Invoicing Halton Region monthly for payment of subsidized clients
- Calculate Regional subsidy billing amount by centre monthly
- Invoicing part time clients monthly for payment of child care
- Keep accurate and organized records of child care participants
- Respond to child care parents requests/questions regarding registration and payments
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum high school diploma with 2 years related administrative experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, data base applications, e-mail and internet applications
- High level of confidentiality.
- Well-developed administration and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy while meeting deadlines; time management skills, multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Adherence to the YMCA of Oakville Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- Clear Security Clearance Report with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must be flexible with schedule.
- Previous YMCA experience and/or knowledge of YMCA of Oakville Programs and Services
- Experience with Unison system preferred.
- Experience with not-for profit organizations preferred.
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: quality focus, relationship building and collaboration, commitment to organization mission, vision and values, communication, diversity and inclusion, integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application