Posting date: Wednesday, December 6th
Closing date: Friday, December 15th
Location: Peter Gilgan Family YMCA
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Administrator will provide support in the areas of administering the Y’s Dayforce (HRIS), Payroll and compliance systems. This role ensures the accuracy, security and confidentiality of data collection, management, extraction, and analysis of these systems, and will also participate in the development and refinement of them as the association grows. This role will assist with the development and delivery of HR training and training material, onboarding systems, volunteer data collection and safe recording and providing statistical data to association leaders.
- Support the confidential administration and maintenance of employee records.
- Assist the Payroll Specialist with timesheet authorizations, benefit, pension and other functions.
- Maintain association compliance data (Security Clearances, Child Protection Sign-offs and Training)
- Assist with recruitment/onboarding/termination data collection and provide ad-hoc statistical data
- Assist with developing association training materials
- Assist with the delivery of various HRIS/Payroll/HR trainings to staff
- Assists with onboarding and engagement of staff and volunteer strategies and events
- Supports the department with projects in line with strategic goals, annual plan, and staff survey recommendations.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Diploma or certificate in HR Administration or Human Resource Management or actively working towards certificate
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in office/generalist HR work based environment
- HRIS (or similar systems) data entry, management, and extraction of reports
- Proven ability and experience with dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer expertise required
- Ability to work independently
- Payroll and benefits experience is a strong asset
- Previous YMCA experience
- Experience with recruiting and onboarding
- Training/workshop delivery experience
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to Alison Williams,
firstname.lastname@example.org/ 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7 / or fax 905-842-6792
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association