It happens when you find community.
You feel a sense of belonging; discover who you are and realize what you can become.
It’s a process of discovery and a path to authenticity, sparked by finding acceptance no matter who you are, or where you’re from. And along the way, you find meaning and purpose.
Whether it’s at 410 Rebecca or in neighbourhoods across Oakville, YMCA programs reach out and welcome everyone. When you walk through the door, join a class, or drop your children at camp or child care, there is a place for everyone to belong and find their path.
For newcomers like Rabea who long for a safe community, young girls like Gabriela or Magdalena who want people to look past their exceptionality, or for homeschooled youth
like Will who need a place to fit in, the YMCA includes people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities, and helps them achieve things they never thought possible.
This is the power of belonging.
In 2017, it was these stories and many more, that showed us what can happen when you find a place to belong. And as we move forward together, these stories will continue to inspire us to reach out to more people in more neighbourhoods across Oakville and beyond.
-Michael Shaen, YMCA of Oakville Board Chair
Click here to read our 2017 Community Impact Report, and discover what it means to belong at the Y.
Annual Report Archive
Click the links below to open a PDF of our past annual reports.
- 2016 Community Impact Report
- 2015 Community Impact Report
- 2014 Community Impact Report
- 2013 Community Impact Report
- 2012 Community Impact Report
- 2011 Community Impact Report
Audited Financial Statements
- 2017 Financial Statements
- 2016 Financial Statements
- 2015 Financial Statements
- 2014 Financial Statements
- 2013 Financial Statements
- 2012 Financial Statements
- 2011 Financial Statements